Monday 8 December 2014

Bonjour Paris!

























J'adore Paris! I have always adored everything French. I studied the language at school (oui oui), own too many stripes, and buy anything moderately French related, channeling my inner Parisienne on a daily basis. Even my pillow cases and iPhone case are French! So my first glimpse of the tip of the Eiffel Tower as we drive towards the Champs de Elysee was one of the top ten most surreal moments of my life. And despite many warnings that Paris is overrated, I was far from disappointed. Paris is simply magical and there is no other words that can describe the ambience of the city so perfectly. 

If I was impressed by all the old buildings in London, I was doubly impressed by them in Paris. Everywhere you look there are charming exquisite architecture, which contributes to the city exuding this inexplicable magical vibe. 

One of my favourite moments of Paris was simply wondering around the streets and drinking in the city, watching the sun set on the Eiffel Tower, turning it a golden hue. It was also stunning wondering around the Latin Quarter, trying out pastries at boulangeries and the best dark chocolate ever at a choclateriè.

On my second night in Paris, I enjoyed an amazing meal in a cute little restaurant overlooking the Notre Dame and we marvelled at how beautiful Paris was. After our dinner we had a little picnic and watched the Eiffel Tower light up - again such a surreal and magical moment.

I spent my last day in Paris eating breakfast or petite dejuner - soft boiled eggs with toast soldiers, strong French coffee, orange juice and plenty of pastries (all for 15 euros!). After wandering around the Latin Quarter, we strolled along the River Seine, stopping off at the Musee de Orsay. One of my friends and I found wifi and contacted some others we had lost in the morning- we agreed to meet under the Eiffel Tower. With wifi lost and no map, we strolled through the city towards our destination by looking in the sky and following the landmark of Paris. We got lost and found a side street full of Chanel, YSL, Chloe etc and indulged in some window shopping, before stopping off at a boulangerie to purchase baguettes, croissants and eclairs.

After finding the others we had a little photoshoot (of course) and then escaped the rain with a spot of shopping on the Champs de Elysee, before catching the mètro home to our hotel to get ready for a French dinner and a night our in the Montmarte district.

Overall Paris was indescribable and solidified one of my dreams of spending at least a month in a little apartment in the city some time in the future.

Salut!

xx

1 comment:

  1. your blog is one of my favorites, beautiful pics as always! xx

    http://katiesfashionisland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete